Please use the link below to register for our Annual Luncheon - August 4th 2017:
Codified by SB290 in the 2015 Session, Colorado Student Leaders Institute(COSLI), is the newest member of the 25-state Governor's School network (with 57 programs), an institution steeped in a rich 50+ year history and revered throughout the nation as a highly successful model for post-secondary preparedness.
- COSLI is a four-week summer residential immersion collegiate academic experience;
- COSLI offers Colorado students exposure to historic American roots along with the power of the free enterprise system;
- Participants earn three hours of college credit;
- COSLI students complete two high school capstones, including a Colorado centric National History Day Colorado project;
- COSLI students are given a Colorado centric civic challenge to be completed with the four week time period. Their reports are given to state and business leaders at the end of their session;
- As young entrepreneurs, COSLI students will create and execute a business plan during the twenty-eight day program, donating a portion to a Colorado non-profit;
- COSLI supports students as they transition from high school to the rigor and freedom offered in a college or university setting;
- COSLI connects academically-inspired and civic-minded students from across the state;
- COSLI creates a community for America's and Colorado's future leaders.
COSLI's student scholars and entrepreneurs will be comprised of at least fifty percent first generation college attendees and/or those eligible for free and reduced lunch who meet the same rigorous academic expectations.
In most states, governor school programs are funded entirely by the state. Because of Colorado's unique budgeting paradigm, COLSI represents a strong partnership among public, private, and corporate champions. In addition to the inherent benefits students gain, it is noteworthy that up to 80% of students participating in a governor's school program elect to remain in-state for college and career, with up to 90% completing a four year degree in four years, instead of the now six year nationwide average.
Increased retention of our state's best and brightest is a critical component of a strong Colorado economy. Help us retain these important Coloradans.
EXECUTIVE BOARD MEETINGS
Third Wednesday of every month at the Public Education and Business Coalition (600 Grant St #525, Denver, CO 80215)
Executive Board meetings begin at 12:00
Joint Board Meetings For Executive and Advisory Boards held at Denver Museum of Nature and Science
The program will run from July 10th to August 5th 2017